Earth Hour is the world’s largest global climate change initiative. It’s a global commitment led by the (WWF) World Wide Fund for Nature for energy conservation, climate change and global warming.
You can show your support for Earth Hour 2011 by switching off/dimming your Home/Office lights at 8:30 – 9:30pm (Pakistan Standard Time) on 31th March 2011. (Given you are not already hit by power outage)
When you turn off your lights please take your time out to think as how you can contribute to keep this planet green.
How to Support Earth Hour?
- Turn off your non essential lights and appliances at 8:30PM-9:30PM on March 31st (Pakistan Time)
- Light a candle and see your world in a whole new light.
- Show your support adding yourself to our world map.
- Add Earth Hour widgets, logos and banners to your blog or website to help us spread the word. You could even be our Earth Hour Online Supporter of the Day.
- Talk about Earth Hour in your social network by updating your Facebook status and more
- Get together with your friends and family, by hosting an Earth Hour party or holding your own candlelit affair.
- Rally your local council or community group to run an Earth Hour event for your community.
- Encourage your employer and workmates to take part in Earth Hour and make energy savings every day.
- Make an Earth Hour Lantern as a symbol of hope for the future.
- Be creative! Find a new way to mark Earth Hour and let us know all about it.