If you remember from those old days, all cellular operators in Pakistan used to offer SMS delivery reports for free.
But then, reportedly, one fine day all operators collectively decided to take down this free value added service and to charge customers for SMS Delivery Reports.
Just in case if you don’t know, SMS delivery reports confirm you the recipient of SMS to receiver.
It displays the acknowledgment notice to sender whenever a SMS reaches its recipient – a useful service for those who want to make sure that their SMS communication makes its way to the recipient party.
Mobilink, like other operators, recently re-introduced SMS delivery Reports with charges of course.
How to Subscribe:
- Mobilink customer needs to send “SUB” to 2742
How to Unsubscribe:
- To unsubscribe SMS “UNSUB” to 2742
This service is free for postpaid customers, while prepaid customers will be charged Rs. 0.50 plus tax or Rs. 0.63 including tax per day. This will translate into Rs. 15 plus tax per month.
More details in below table:
|Activation & Deactivation Request Fee||Rs. 0.1 + tax||Rs. 0.1 + tax|
|Daily Subscription Fee||Free of Cost||Rs. 0.5 + tax|
|Daily Auto Re-subscription||Yes||Yes|
- Users will be required to enable delivery report feature of their handset to be able to receive delivery reports.
- To use the service customers have to activate delivery receipt/confirmation option in the message settings of their handsets.
- subscribers will receive free tips related to the category they have subscribed for on every alternate day.
- The service is available for both prepaid and postpaid customers.
- All rates are exclusive of GST
- 19.5% FED on usage and 10% withholding tax at recharge or bill applies.