In its latest update, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) media cell has disowned an online group “Insaf Cyber Team” that allegedly controlled for some time the facebook fan page of popular TV Show Bolta Pakistan. The FB page seems to be back to its owner.
PTI says the group has been using abusive language and making comments to offend public while defaming PTI.
The official statement of PTI says,
“Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf does not subscribe to, and neither does it support any form of hacking of an website, Facebook page or Twitter account regardless of how adverse the point of view might actually be. It is important to mention that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Social Media Team runs and manages the following pages:
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf website: http://www.insaf.pk
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-insaf : fb.com/PTIOfficial
- We want Imran Khan to be next prime minister of Pakistan: fb.com/PrimeMinisterImranKhan
- Jaag Utho: fb.com/jaagutho
- Hakumat Hatao, Mulk Bachao Tehreek: fb.com/MulkBachao
- PTI Official Twitter Account: http://twitter.com/PTIOfficialDue to the open nature of the social web, PTI cannot not take responsibility for acts of any individual &/or impersonators to defame the party or any content posted by them to which it has no administrative control over, but as a party policy it does publicly denounce individuals who use abusive language or engage in illegal activities.The Social Media Team does take this opportunity to reinforce the message of “Social Media Responsibility” as presented by the Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in his direct YouTube message to his supporters [ http://youtu.be/uOc8g0qbKUM ] urging them to show dignity and respect when discussing politics online, he goes on to suggest that It is with this moral high ground, that will help Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf win the hearts and minds of the people of Pakistan and bring about a much needed positive change in Pakistan”.